BOB Net Banking 2023: Bank of Baroda Net Banking and Mobile Banking are the facilities that enable you to perform banking transactions at your choice of place and time. You can access Net Banking via the personal computer or laptop and Mobile Banking via mobile or tab, BOB Net Banking Login, subject to the availability of an internet connection. “Baroda Connect” is an umbrella of e-banking products offered to customers on e-channels. At present, “Baroda Connect” offers Internet Banking. Through “Baroda Connect”, a customer can operate his/her Bank account(s) on a 24/7 basis, from anywhere, BOB Net Banking Registration just at the click of a mouse.
- 1 Special Features of BOB Net Banking
- 1.1 How to Activate BOB Net Banking Online
- 1.2 How to register for BOB net banking?
- 1.3 For those who don’t have a BOB debit card
- 1.4 How to Register for BOB Net Banking Without a Debit Card at the Bank Branch
- 1.5 benefits of BarodaConnect
- 1.6 Transaction limits and beneficiary addition limits
- 1.7 How to Retrieve Your User ID on BarodaConnect
- 1.8 Important Requirements
- 2 BOB Retail Internet Banking
- 2.1 What if I am unable to login with the allotted Password and a user Id?
- 2.2 How do I choose the password, while changing the same?
- 2.3 Ways to Transfer:
- 2.4 For transferring money using Bank of Baroda RTGS, you need:
- 2.5 To use Bank of Baroda RTGS:
- 2.6 To use Bank of Baroda RTGS online:
- 2.6.1 I am getting the message “Invalid Login Id and Password”. What does it mean?
- 2.6.2 I have received only a Login password and not a Transaction Password.
- 2.6.3 I wish to avail of the transaction facility, but do you have a View facility only?
- 2.6.4 I wish to deactivate the fund transfer facility.
- 2.6.5 Can I transfer fund in my PPF accounts through Internet Banking?
- 2.6.6 Can I view my TAX Credit Statement (26AS) over Internet Banking?
- 2.6.7 How can I make Online e-payments?
- 2.6.8 How shall I register my Mobile Number / New Mobile Number?
- 2.7 BOB IMPS Transfer
- 2.8 FAQ’S BOB Net Banking 2023
Special Features of BOB Net Banking
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Net Banking provides a range of convenient and efficient features to enhance your banking experience. With round-the-clock accessibility, you can manage your accounts anytime and anywhere, making banking truly convenient. Here are some key highlights of BOB Net Banking:
- Net Banking and Mobile Banking services are secure
- Provide a dashboard view of your entire relationship with the Bank
- Allows you to view recent and past transactions (Debits & Credits)
- Allows you to book deposits online
- Transfer money through various payment modes such as Internal Funds Transfer, Own Account Transfer, and other Bank Transfer. NEFT, RTGS & IMPS.
- Helps you place stop cheque instructions
- Allows you to order for a new chequebook
To know more, please visit the nearest branch of Bank of Baroda.
How to Activate BOB Net Banking Online
- Visit the BOB Official Website: Begin by visiting the official website of the Bank of Baroda (BOB). From the website sidebar, locate and click on the “Retail” link, highlighted in orange. This link can be found under the “Internet Banking” section. Alternatively, you can directly access the BOB internet banking website by clicking [here](insert link).
- Access the Baroda Connect Form: You can find the Baroda Connect form on the Bank’s website. This form is available on the Internet Banking portal or from our branches. Please fill out this form and submit it to the branch where you maintain your account. Refer to the terms and conditions provided on www.bobibanking.com for detailed information.
- Click on the “New User” Button: Once on the BOB net banking homepage, locate and click the “New User” button to initiate the registration process.
- Enter Account Details and Mobile Number: Provide your bank and registered mobile numbers. Complete the captcha security text and click on the “Continue” button. Before you begin, ensure you have essential information: Account Number, ATM/Debit Card linked to the account number, ATM/Debit Card Credentials, and the mobile number registered for the account. Note: Enter your mobile number with the country code prefix (e.g., 9199*****33, not +9199****33).
|Speed of Settlement||Half hourly||Real-Time||Real-Time|
|Maximum Transfer Value||No Limit||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Minimum Transfer Value||No Limit||No Limit||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Charges||Free up to Rs. 2 Lakhs. Rs. 25 for value above Rs. 2 Lakhs.||Rs. 25 per transaction of value above Rs. 2 Lakhs.||No Charges for amounts up to Rs. 5 Lakhs. Rs. 25 (excluding GST) for 8:00 am to 11:00 am; Rs. 27 for 11:00 am to 1:00 pm; Rs. 30 after 1:00 pm.|
|Timing||24×7, 365 Days||24×7, 365 Days||8 am IST – 4.30 pm IST (On all working days for banks in India)|
- Enter One-Time Password (OTP): In the next step, you’ll receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click the “Continue” button.
- Enter ATM Card Details: Provide your ATM card details for verification. After entering your Debit-cum-ATM card credentials, click the “Continue” button.
- Accept Terms and Conditions: Click the “Read and Accept” button to agree to the terms and conditions of using the bank’s e-banking facility. Check the “I agree to the above-mentioned Agreement-cum-Indemnity” checkbox and press “Accept” to proceed.
- Set Password: On the next page, you will be prompted to create a password for your internet banking account. Ensure your password includes special characters, alphabets, and numbers for security (e.g., @a2ab_12Z). Click on the “Continue” button.
- Confirmation and Reference Details: After clicking “Continue,” a pop-up message will confirm your successful request to create an Internet Banking User ID. Click “OK” and note your reference number, customer ID, and login user ID. Important: It’s essential to record these details before proceeding.
- Activation and Access: The activation process takes one working day. After this period, you can access your BOB Net Banking account. You can log in after 24 hours and manage your finances conveniently.
How to register for BOB net banking?
You must have the bank account passbook, debit/ATM card, and mobile number registered with the bank account. Follow the steps given below to register yourself for the BarodaConnect services (net banking platform) of BOB:
- Visit the BOB Official Website: Visit the official Bank of Baroda website at https://www.bankofbaroda.in/.
- Access Internet Banking Section: Scroll down on the homepage and locate the ‘Ways to Bank’ section. Click on the ‘Internet Banking’ option within this section.
- Choose Retail User Login: On the Internet Banking page, click the ‘Retail User Login’ option.
- Select Online Registration with Debit Card: Click on the ‘Online Registration using Debit Card’ option to initiate the registration process.
- Enter Verification Code: Input the provided verification code and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Provide Debit Card Details: Enter your debit card details, including the card number, expiry date, ATM PIN, and captcha. Then, click on the ‘Validate’ button.
- Enter User Details: Provide your user details, including your name, address, registered mobile number, and the type of facility you are seeking. Also, enter your preferred user ID, login password, and transaction password.
- Proceed to the Next Step: Click on the ‘Next’ button to begin the registration process.
- Confirmation and User ID: A success message will be displayed on the screen after completing the registration process. Your unique user ID will also be provided.
For those who don’t have a BOB debit card
- Download the Application Form: Download the ‘Net Banking & Mobile Banking form for Retail users’ application form from the home page of the bank’s official website or by following the provided link.
- Fill and Submit the Form: Complete the application form with accurate details. Once filled, submit the form at your designated home branch of Bank of Baroda.
- Application Processing: The bank will process your application after submitting the form. Upon successful processing, you will receive your unique user ID by post. The user ID will be sent to the address specified in the application form.
- Collect the Password: Visit the same home branch where you submitted the application form to collect your password. The bank staff will provide the necessary information to set up your password.
How to Register for BOB Net Banking Without a Debit Card at the Bank Branch
You can visit your home branch if you do not possess a BOB debit card and wish to register for BOB Net Banking. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Collect Application Form: Visit your designated home branch of Bank of Baroda and request the application form for BOB internet banking.
- Fill and Submit Form: Complete the application with accurate and relevant details. Once you have completed the form, submit it to the bank staff at the same home branch.
- Application Processing: The bank will process your application after you have submitted the form. Upon successful processing, your unique user ID will be generated.
- User ID Delivery: The bank will send your user ID via post to the address you provided in the application form. Ensure that the details are accurate for successful delivery.
- Password Collection: Visit the same BOB Net Banking Registration branch where you submitted the application form to collect your password. The bank staff will guide you on how to set up your password securely.
benefits of BarodaConnect
- Upon logging in, you can manage all your BOB accounts in a single window. You can access the details of your fixed deposit accounts, loan accounts, and savings bank accounts on a single dashboard.
- View account summary and transaction history of your BOB Net Banking Registration accounts.
- Generate account statements online.
- Transfer funds to accounts within the bank and other banks online via NEFT and RTGS.
- Pay direct and indirect taxes online through the internet banking facility.
- Make bulk payments, pay education fees, and book online tickets.
- Open online fixed deposit and recurring deposit accounts.
- Stop payment of a cheque online.
- Request for a cheque book without having to visit the bank branch.
- Get an IPO subscription.
- View Tax Credit Statement (Form 26 AS) online for free.
- Bill payment, bill presentment, online shopping, receive and view bills online and get alert on pending bills.
- Link, view, delink and deposit PPF and Sukanya Samriddhi accounts.
- Purchase Sovereigns Gold Bond online.
- Updation, deletion and addition of nominee
Transaction limits and beneficiary addition limits
|Transfer Mode||Per Transaction Limit||Daily Limit|
|Self-Linked Accounts and Government Payments||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|NEFT/RTGS/TPT/SHP||Rs.10 lakh||Rs.25 lakh|
|IMPS||Rs.2 lakh||Rs.2 lakh|
How to Retrieve Your User ID on BarodaConnect
If you’ve registered on the BarodaConnect platform and need to retrieve your User ID, you can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Official Bank of Baroda Website: Go to the official website of the Bank of Baroda.
- Access the Login Tab: Click on the ‘Login’ tab and select the ‘Baroda Connect (Net Banking) India’ option.
- Navigate to Forgot User ID: On the BOB Net Banking Login page, you’ll see an option labelled ‘Forgot User ID’ below the ‘Login’ button. Click on it.
- Provide Account Details: Enter your ‘Account Number’ and choose whether to use your ‘Mobile Number’ or ‘Email ID’ for verification. Fill in your account’s relevant mobile number or email address, then click ‘Continue’.
- Receive OTP: An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number or email address provided.
- Enter OTP: Enter the OTP you received and click ‘Continue’.
- Retrieve User ID: Your User ID will be sent to your BOB Net Banking Registration mobile number or email address.
- Keep your Account Number, Customer ID, Debit Card, BOB Net Banking Registration Mobile Number and Debit Card PIN handy during registration.
- Enter the received OTP (One Time Password) correctly, which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Please do not share your Net Banking User ID and Password with anyone.
- Email ID is the registered email ID that you have provided at the time of account opening.
- If no email ID is registered with the Bank, please enter any of your valid personal email IDs.
BOB Retail Internet Banking
Benefits of Internet Banking?
Internet Banking offers you a convenient way of carrying out your Banking needs without visiting the branch. It saves your time and money, which usually get spent visiting the branch for such banking transactions.
Difference between Login Password and Transaction Password?
Login password will be used to enter into the Internet Banking Application (expiry period – 2 yrs). Transaction password will be used to do Funds transfer (expiry period – 180 days)
How to forget my password?
Download the Unblock / regenerate password form from our Website. (Home Page-> Internet Banking -> Retail -> Unblock / regenerate password). Fill in the details and submit to our branch.
What if I am unable to login with the allotted Password and a user Id?
In such case, please ensure the following…
- Confirm from the branch that your User ID is activated at least 24 hours back.
- You are using correct type of alphabets e.g. capital letter and/or small letter as the case may be. (Passwords are case sensitive).
- Num lock is not off inadvertently.
- You have not tried for more than 5 times with wrong User ID and/opr Password (this will block your password and you will have to approach the bank).
How do I choose the password, while changing the same?
- It must contain an alphabet (A-Z or a-z) and a number (0-9) and a special character (@,$,#,* etc.), all the three.
- It should not contain all the letters used in your user id.
- It is case sensitive i.e. if password is in small letters use the same. If you use capital letters, it will not work.
- For your safety, your password will be blocked, if attempt to log in fails for 5 times.
- If not changed in 365 days, BOB Net Banking Login system will force you to change the password. However, we advise you to keep changing the passwords, at a regular interval.
How to unblock/regenerate a password online without visiting the branch?
If you have forgotten your user ID/ password, please submit forgot password form and submit to the branch. To download the form click here
Bank will generate new password and the same will be sent to your base branch. Please note User ID will be sent again to your communication address. On receipt of User ID, collect the new password from the branch under acknowledgement.
The new password will be activated by Baroda Connect Operations Team, Mumbai on receipt of delivery confirmation from the branch.
Bank of Baroda RTGS is a quick way to send money between banks. It lets you send money right away without waiting. Bank of Baroda offers this service to customers.
Ways to Transfer:
- Offline: Go to a Bank of Baroda branch.
- Online: Use Mobile/Net Banking.
- Net Banking:
- Up to Rs. 2 lakhs or Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Rs. 25 (plus GST) per transaction from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Rs. 27 per transaction from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Rs. 30 per transaction after 1:00 pm.
When to Transfer:
For transferring money using Bank of Baroda RTGS, you need:
- Amount to send
- Account number
- Receiver’s bank name
- Receiver bank’s IFSC code
How to Fill Form:
To use Bank of Baroda RTGS:
- Get the form at a Bank of Baroda branch.
- Fill in details: date, amount, etc.
- Include account info, cheque details (date, serial number), and beneficiary’s IFSC code.
- Sign the form to allow the transfer.
To use Bank of Baroda RTGS online:
- Log in to Net Banking using your details.
- Choose “Payments/Transfer.”
- Pick the transfer type and click “Proceed.”
- Choose the account to send from.
- Enter amount, reason, and beneficiary’s account.
- Check details and agree to bank conditions.
- Enter password or OTP from mobile and “Confirm.” Payment will start, and you’ll get a message.
I am getting the message “Invalid Login Id and Password”. What does it mean?
This message means either of the following –
- You are inputting an incorrect User ID / Login Password. OR
- Your user ID has been temporarily disabled due to successive attempts of the wrong password.
I have received only a Login password and not a Transaction Password.
- For security reasons, Login and Transaction Password are sent on different dates in different cover. Hence, you may not get both passwords simultaneously but after a time gap.
- You have only View facility. Hence, the transaction password was not issued.
- For more details contact your BOB Net Banking Login Bank of Baroda Branch.
I wish to avail of the transaction facility, but do you have a View facility only?
Submit your request for the transaction password form to our branch to generate transaction passwords.
I wish to deactivate the fund transfer facility.
Inform your Branch for the deletion of transaction facility.
Can I transfer fund in my PPF accounts through Internet Banking?
Yes. This facility is available to you BOB Net Banking Login Retail Internet Banking, if your PPF account is linked to your customer ID having Internet Banking. However, contact your Branch if your PPF a/c is not linked to your customer ID.
Can I view my TAX Credit Statement (26AS) over Internet Banking?
Yes. The facility is available to you in Retail Internet Banking BOB Net Banking Login.
How can I make Online e-payments?
You must initiate the payment by BOB Net Banking Login to the biller’s site. The process is as follows BOB Net Banking Registration:
How shall I register my Mobile Number / New Mobile Number?
To register a Mobile Number / to change a Mobile Number, you must submit the “Mobile Number Updation” form to your base branch. The form is available under the “Download Forms” section of www.bobibanking.com
BOB IMPS Transfer
After registering on the BOB Baroda Connect, you can also transfer funds via Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) available on the BOB net banking. The steps to transfer funds via RTGS are as follows:
- BOB Net Banking Login in to Baroda Connect Platform.
- Select the ‘Fund Transfer’ option.
- Select the ‘Other Bank’ option and then the ‘IMPS’ option.
- Enter all the required details.
- Confirm the transfer details and transfer your funds safely.
FAQ’S BOB Net Banking 2023
There are a few eligibility criteria to apply for BarodaConnect:
You must have an account with the bank.
In the case of a joint account, the instruction on the account must be set to ‘Either or Survivor’ or ‘Any One or Survivor’.
You must be any one of the following: Karta of HUF, any one/two/three/all partners, all partners jointly, or one/two/three Directors.
In addition, there is a list of people who are not eligible to use the services of BarodaConnect:
Dormant account holders.
Inoperative account holders.
Minor account holders.
Account-holders for accounts that have received garnishee/attachment order.
For customers who have joined the Bank of Baroda family from Vijaya Bank, BOB has developed a new application called the Vijaya Net Banking where you can seamlessly access and Baroda Connect manage your account BOB Net Banking Registration. The same applies to the Dena Bank customers through the eDena Net Banking application.
Yes. You can easily open a PPF account from the comfort of your place on the BarodaConnect app. The same applies to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) account and Baroda Connect.