Connor Bedard injury 2024: occurred during the first period of a 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Friday, a significant event reminiscent of plays involving other renowned players like Connor McDavid. Bedard, after receiving a hit from Devils defenseman Brendan Smith at 10:42 ⏰, crossed into the offensive zone and was checked by Smith in the slot ????. This Connor Bedard hit resulted in the Bedard injury, leading to him leaving the ice with his hand at his mouth ????.
Chicago NHL Team’s Rookie Connor Bedard on Injured Reserve ????
Connor Bedard, a promising young player for Chicago’s NHL team, was placed on injured reserve on Saturday due to a broken jaw. This injury occurred during a game against New Jersey when defender Brendan Smith hit him. Bedard’s injury happened in the early part of the game, leading to a 4-2 defeat for Chicago.
Other Injuries and Team Moves
Nick Foligno, another Chicago player, also joined the injured reserve list because of a broken finger. With many injured players, especially forwards, Chicago urgently brought in Rem Pitlick from Pittsburgh. This trade cost them a conditional pick in the 2026 NHL draft.
Bedard’s Impressive Season
At just 18 years old, Bedard has been a standout player in his first NHL season. He was the top pick in the previous year’s draft and has lived up to expectations. He leads all NHL rookies with 15 goals and 18 assists in 39 games. Bedard was also selected to play in the NHL All-Star Game.
No Timeline for Bedard’s Return
There’s no clear information on when Connor Bedard will be able to play again following his Connor Bedard injury 2024. This Bedard injury occurred as he was moving the puck into the offensive area, reminiscent of the dynamic play often seen from players like Connor McDavid. The Connor Bedard hit, leading to his exit, sparked several conflicts between the two teams.
Team Struggles and Opinions on the Incident
Chicago has been struggling, losing many recent games, further compounded by the Connor Bedard injury 2024. Boris Katchouk, a player from Chicago, labeled the Connor Bedard hit as dirty, although coach Luke Richardson remained uncertain. This incident, evoking comparisons to plays involving stars like Connor McDavid, adds to the team’s challenges. Additionally, Nick Foligno, who has been mentoring Bedard in adjusting to the NHL, similar to the guidance McDavid might offer, had to leave a game following a skirmish with Smith, the player responsible for the Bedard injury.
Chicago NHL Team’s Injury Challenges and Recent Game Incidents ????
Coach’s View on Bedard’s Injury
- The coach mentioned he had only seen the incident briefly and wasn’t sure if it was a deliberate hit.
- He explained that Connor Bedard was reaching for the puck and didn’t notice the opponent because of an obstructing player.
- The coach expressed concern for Bedard’s head injury and planned to have him examined by specialists More Info.
Opposing Coach’s Perspective
- Lindy Ruff, the Devils’ coach, believed the hit on Bedard was a fair one.
- He mentioned that such incidents are part of learning for young players and stressed that there was no malicious intent in the hit.
- After Bedard left the game, there were multiple scuffles between the teams.
- Chicago’s Jarred Tinordi confronted Smith, and Alex Vlasic engaged in a fight with a Devils player, causing excitement among the crowd.
Injury List for Chicago
- Connor Bedard and Nick Foligno add to a growing list of injured Chicago players.
- The team is missing several forwards due to various injuries, including Beauvillier, Johnson, Raddysh, Anderson, and Athanasiou. Taylor Hall is out for the season after knee surgery.
- Seth Jones, a key defenseman, is also on injured reserve with a shoulder issue.
Trade Details and Draft Picks
- Chicago acquired forward Rem Pitlick, who has a record of 21 goals and 54 points in regular-season games with different teams.
- The trade gives Pittsburgh nine picks in the 2026 draft, including Chicago’s conditional seventh-round pick and another third-round choice from a previous trade.
NHL all-star and rookie forward, Connor Bedard, is currently out indefinitely due to a broken jaw. Chicago’s NHL team placed the rookie center, Connor Bedard, on injured reserve Saturday after he suffered a broken jaw when he was checked by New Jersey defenseman Brendan Smith during the first period of Friday night’s 4-2 loss.