pf withdrawal online:- The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), also known as PF (Provident Fund), is an obligatory savings and retirement scheme designed for eligible organization employees. This fund serves as a financial resource for employees upon their retirement. According to EPF regulations, UAN portal employees are required to contribute 12% of their basic pay each month into this fund. Correspondingly, the employer matches this contribution, adding it to the employee’s pf withdrawal form The funds deposited in pf withdrawal rules accounts accrue interest on an annual basis.
Upon retirement, employees have the option to withdraw the entire accumulated sum from their EPF account. However, this article outlines the process for making premature withdrawals from the EPF account under specific conditions.
Latest Update:The government has increased the EPF interest rate to 8.15% for the financial year 2022-23.
PF Updates :-Starting FY 21-22, interest on employee’s contribution to an EPF account above Rs 2.5 lakh during the financial year is taxable in the hands of the employee. This interest is also subject to TDS under section 194A.
- 1 When Can You Withdraw EPF?
- 2 How To Withdraw PF Amount
- 3 EPF Withdrawal Taxability
- 4 Documents Required for EPF Withdrawal
- 5 Process to Enter Exit Date for PF Withdrawal
- 6 PF Customer Care Numbers
- 7 Which are the forms used for EPF withdrawal?
- 8 How to Apply for Home Loan Based on EPF Accumulation?
- 9 How to withdraw your EPF without UAN?
When Can You Withdraw EPF?
One may choose to withdraw EPF entirely or partially.
EPF can be withdrawn entirely only under the following two circumstances:
- Upon retirement
- When an individual remains unemployed for over one month, they have the option to withdraw 75% of the total accumulated amount. If the period of unemployment continues for more than two months, they can withdraw the remaining 25%.
Individuals cannot make a complete withdrawal of EPF balance while switching employers if they don’t remain unemployed for two months or more (i.e. the interim period between changing jobs).
Partial withdrawal of EPF balance can be made only under certain circumstances. They are explained in the table below.
|Sl. No.||Particulars of reasons for withdrawal||Limit for withdrawal||No. of years of service required||Other conditions|
|1||Medical purposes||Lower of below:|
1. Six times the monthly basic salary, or
2. The total employee’s share plus interest
|No criteria||Medical treatment of self, spouse, children, or parents|
|2||Marriage||Up to 50% of employee’s share of contribution to EPF||7 years||For the marriage of self, son/daughter, and brother/sister|
|3||Education||Up to 50% of employee’s share of contribution to EPF||7 years||Either for account holder’s education or child’s education (post matriculation)|
|4||Purchase of land or purchase/construction of a house||For land – Up to 24 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance. |
For house – Up to 36 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance,
The above limits are restricted to the total cost.
|5 years||The asset, i.e. land or the house, should be in the employee’s name or jointly with the spouse. It can be withdrawn just once for this purpose during the entire service. The construction should begin within 6 months and must be completed within 12 months from the last withdrawn instalment.|
|5||Home loan repayment||Least of below: |
1. Up to 36 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance, or
2. Total corpus consisting of employer and employee’s contribution with interest, or
3. Total outstanding principal and interest on housing loan
|10 years||The property should be registered in the name of the employee or spouse or jointly with the spouse. Withdrawal permitted subject to furnishing of requisite documents as stated by the EPFO relating to the housing loan availed. The accumulation in the member’s PF account (or together with the spouse), including the interest, has to be more than Rs 20,000.|
|6||House renovation||Least of the below: 1.Up to 12 times the monthly wages and dearness allowance, or |
2. Employees contribution with interest, or Total cost.
|5 years||The property should be registered in the name of the employee or spouse or jointly held with the spouse The facility can be availed twice: |
a. After 5 years of the completion of the house,
b. After the 10 years of the completion of the house
|7||Partial withdrawal before retirement||Up to 90% of accumulated balance with interest||Once the employee reaches 58 years and withdrawal should be before one year of retirement or superannuation (retirement fund for employees by the company)|
In this context, it’s important to note that the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has introduced the Universal Account Number (UAN) as a mandatory requirement for all employees falling under the scope of the PF Act. This UAN is associated with the employee’s pf withdrawal rules account and remains constant throughout their entire career. Consequently, there’s no requirement to initiate an EPF transfer when transitioning between jobs.
How To Withdraw PF Amount
Broadly, the withdrawal of EPF can be made either by submitting:
- Physical application
- Online application
Download the new Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar)/Composite Claim Form (non-Aadhaar) to withdraw the EPF balance.
Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar)
- If you have linked your Aadhaar and bank details on the UAN portal and your UAN is active, utilize the Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar).
- Complete and submit the form directly to the appropriate jurisdictional EPFO office, without requiring the employer’s pf withdrawal rules attestation.
Composite Claim Form (Non-Aadhaar)
- If your Aadhaar and bank details are not linked on the UAN portal, make use of the Composite Claim Form (Non-Aadhaar).
- Complete and submit the form with the necessary attestation from your employer to the appropriate jurisdictional EPFO office.
It’s important to highlight that for instances of partial withdrawal of EPF funds by employees, as outlined in the aforementioned table, a recent development has taken place. The need to provide different certificates has been eased, and the pf withdrawal rules concept of self-certification has been implemented for EPF subscribers. (For further information, you can consult the EPFO’s order dated 20.02.2017.)
The EPFO has come up with an online withdrawal facility, which has made the entire process more comfortable and less time-consuming.
To apply for the withdrawal of pf withdrawal rules online through the EPF portal, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- The Universal Account Number (UAN) has been activated, and the mobile number used for activation is functional.
- The UAN is associated with your KYC information, including Aadhaar, PAN, bank details, and the IFSC code.
If the above conditions are met, there is no need for the previous employer to attest to your withdrawal application.
Steps to Apply For EPF Withdrawal Online on UAN Portal
- Visit the UAN portal.
- Step 2: Log in using your UAN and password. Enter the captcha and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and choose ‘KYC’ to verify your KYC details like Aadhaar, PAN, and bank details.
- Step 4: After verifying KYC, go to the ‘Online Services’ tab and select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 10C & 10D)’ from the dropdown.
- Step 5: The following screen will show pf withdrawal rules your member details, KYC details, and service information. Enter your bank account number and click ‘Verify’.
- Step 6: Confirm the undertaking by clicking ‘Yes’ and proceed.
- Step 7: Now, click ‘Proceed for Online Claim’.
- Step 8: In the claim form, choose your pf withdrawal rules required claim – full EPF settlement, EPF part withdrawal (loan/advance), or pension withdrawal – under ‘I Want To Apply For’. Ineligible services won’t appear in the dropdown.
- Step 9: Select ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ for fund withdrawal. Provide the advance purpose, required amount, and employee’s address.
- Step 10: Click the certificate and submit your application. For the purpose you’ve specified, you might need to upload scanned documents.
EPF Withdrawal Taxability
EPF withdrawal becomes exempt from taxation when an employee has consistently contributed to the EPF account for five consecutive years. However, if there’s a gap in contributions within this five-year period, the EPF withdrawal amount becomes subject to taxation for that particular financial year. If an employee withdraws the EPF amount before completing five years of contributions and the amount exceeds Rs 50,000, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is applied.
A 10% Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) will be subtracted from EPF withdrawals exceeding Rs 50,000 for employees who haven’t completed five years and provide their PAN card details. If such employees present their PAN cards, a TDS of 30% will be deducted from the withdrawn amount. However, no TDS will be withheld if the employee submits Form 15G/15H.
No TDS is deducted when an employee withdraws EPF amount after completion of 5 years of continued service.
Documents Required for EPF Withdrawal
The following documents are necessary to withdraw PF amount:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Bank account details of the EPF subscriber
- Proof of identity and address
- Cancelled cheque containing IFSC code and account number
Process to Enter Exit Date for PF Withdrawal
For PF withdrawal, it’s essential to specify the exit date. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced a feature allowing employees to input their exit date from their previous employer on the Unified Member Portal. This capability was previously exclusive to employers, but now employees are also empowered to enter their own exit dates.
Below is the process to enter the exit date:
- Log in to the UAN portal using the Unified Account Number and password.
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and click on the ‘Mark Exit’ option.
- From the drop-down option, choose the employer.
- On the new page, enter the date of birth, joining date, and exit date. Mention the exit date as mentioned in the resignation or company leaving letter.
You can check the exit date by clicking on the ‘Service History’ option under the ‘View’ tab after logging into the UAN portal.
PF Customer Care Numbers
PF toll-free number – 14470
PF missed call number for getting to know EPF details – 9966044425
PF balance enquiry number – SMS “EPFOHO UAN” to 7738299899
PF email – empl[email protected]
Which are the forms used for EPF withdrawal?
EPF Form 19
You must use the EPF Form 19 to withdraw EPF funds for the final settlement. The EPF Form 19 is essentially a two-page form that contains the following sections.
The initial page of the form presents the member’s personal information including their name, father or spouse’s name, date of birth, establishment’s name and address, joining and leaving dates, PF Account Number and UAN, complete postal address, PAN (Permanent Account Number), reason for departure from the organization, chosen payment method, and both the employer’s and employee’s signatures.
The advance stamped receipt can be located on the second page of the form. This section should only be completed if you opt for payment via cheque.
How to fill the EPF Form 19?
You can apply to withdraw or transfer the EPF corpus when you are quitting or changing your job. You can fill out the EPF Form 19 online or offline to remove your EPF amount.
Steps for filling the EPF Form 19 online:
- Visit the EPFO website and input your UAN (Universal Account Number), password, and captcha.
- Click on the ‘Online Services Tab’ and select “Claim (Form 31, Form 19, Form 10C, and Form 10D)”.
- Enter your bank account number associated with your PF account and click ‘Verify’.
- A pop-up for the ‘Certificate of Undertaking’ will appear, where you need to choose ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Under the ‘I want to apply for’ option, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Choose ‘Only PF Withdrawal (Form – 19)’.
- The subsequent screen will open a new section to input your complete permanent address.
- After providing your address, check the disclaimer and click ‘Get Aadhaar OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number, verify your Aadhaar, and proceed to the next step.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you’ll receive a reference number.
Steps for filling the EPF Form 19 offline:
- Download Form 19 from the EPFO portal and print a copy.
- Complete the form by entering your PF account number, bank account number, IFSC code, PAN, dates of joining and exit from employment, permanent address, preferred remittance method, affix a one-rupee revenue stamp, and include a cancelled cheque for bank account verification.
- Submit the filled form and required documents to the EPFO office.
EPF Form 31
You have the option to utilize Form 31 for partial withdrawal or to request an advance from your EPF account. You can obtain Form 31 through pf withdrawal rules the UAN portal. However, it’s necessary to ensure that your bank account details, PAN, and Aadhaar information are updated on the portal before applying for an EPF advance.
How to download EPF Form 31?
You can download Form 31 by visiting the EPFO portal or accessing the link.
How to submit EPF Form 31 online?
- Visit the EPFO portal and log in using your UAN, password, and complete the Captcha code.
- Proceed to the ‘Online Services’ tab and opt for ‘Claim’ to initiate your online request.
- Upon clicking ‘Claim,’ a page will display your personal details such as name, father’s name, date of birth, Aadhaar Number, PAN, date of joining the organization, and mobile number.
- After reviewing all the pf withdrawal rules necessary details, click ‘Proceed for pf withdrawal online Claim.’
- From the dropdown menu, select the ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ option.
- Specify the reasons for your EPF advance, provide your current address, and input the desired amount.
- Sign the disclosure and check the ‘Get Aadhaar OTP’ box.
- Enter the received OTP, click ‘Validate OTP,’ and then submit the ‘Claim Form’.
What is Form 10C?
You have to fill and submit Form 10C online to withdraw or transfer your EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) Amount. You can download the form at the following link:
How to Fill the Form 10C online?
- Log in to the EPF portal using your UAN and password.
- Select ‘ pf withdrawal online Services’ from the menu bar.
- Choose the ‘Claim’ tab, which includes Form 19, Form 31, and Form 10C.
- Proceed to the next page displaying service history, KYC requirements, and member details.
- Click ‘Proceed pf withdrawal online Claim’.
- Navigate to the Claims Section, where you can verify details like PAN, mobile number, bank account number, and UAN number.
- Enter the last four digits of your bank account number and click ‘Verify’.
- Confirm ‘Yes’ on the pf withdrawal rules ‘Certificate of Undertaking’.
- Select the claim type as either ‘Withdraw PF only’ or ‘Withdraw Pension Only’.
- In the “I want to apply for” menu, choose “Only Pension Withdrawal (Form 10C)”.
- Fill in your permanent address in the pf withdrawal online Form 10C Section and acknowledge the disclaimer.
- Click ‘Get Aadhaar OTP’. pf withdrawal online
- Use the OTP sent to your Aadhar-linked mobile number, click ‘Validate OTP’, and then “Submit Claim Form”.
- After successfully submitting Form 10C, you’ll receive an SMS notification on your mobile number.
- Your pension claim, submitted with Form 10C, will lead to the transfer of Employees Pension Scheme (EPS) amount to your savings bank account.
How to Apply for Home Loan Based on EPF Accumulation?
You have the option to borrow up to 36 times your latest monthly contribution for home purchase. If you’re buying land, you can borrow up to 24 times your last monthly contribution. To be eligible for the loan, you need to have a continuous service record of five years.
You can follow the procedure given below to apply for a home loan based on your EPF account balance:-
To apply for a home loan, submit your application to the housing society following the format provided in Annexure 1. The EPF Commissioner will then provide a certificate indicating your EPF account’s monthly contributions for the past three months.
Alternatively, you can present a printed copy of your EPF passbook showing the last three months’ contributions to the housing society. This will help you obtain an estimate of the potential loan amount based on your EPF balance.
You can follow the steps below to apply for a home loan through the UAN member portal:-
- Log in to the UAN Member e-Sewa portal.
- Choose the ‘Online Services’ tab and click on the ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ option.
- Member details will appear. Enter your EPF-registered bank account number and click ‘Verify’.
- Indicate ‘Yes’ to validate the certificate.
- Opt for ‘Proceed for Online Claim’ and specify the reason for your advance request under ‘I Want to Apply For’. Eligible options depend on your years of service.
- Select ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ for advance or loan withdrawal. Input the desired amount and provide your employee address.
- Click on the certificate and submit your application. If prompted, you might need to upload relevant documents.
- EPFO will process your application. UAN portal approval, EPFO will directly transfer the payment to the housing society.
How to withdraw your EPF without UAN?
You need to complete the PF withdrawal form and deliver it to the Regional Provident Fund Office. Additionally, you can determine the jurisdiction of your PF office by using the alpha-numeric Provident Fund Account Number found on your salary slip. This number indicates your state and location.
You will have to follow the old process of PF withdrawal where you submit your identity attestation from a bank manager or magistrate or gazette officer.
How to download Form 15G for EPF withdrawal?
You can download Form 15G from the EPFO portal or the website of major banks.
Form 15G to claim EPF amount without TDS:
The new Form 15G has two parts. Part-1 of Form 15G has the name of the individual, PAN, Residential Status, Financial Year, Permanent Address and mobile number.
You need to provide the projected income for which the declaration is being made (this encompasses both employee and employer provident fund contributions, excluding the EPS contribution). The remaining section should be completed by the entity disbursing the income.
FAQ’S PF Withdrawal
No, it is not compulsory. However, it can considerably reduce the TDS charged on the withdrawn amount.
Once you quit the job or leave a company and join elsewhere, the EPF account will no longer receive monthly contributions. However, it does not mean that the account will become inactive. pf withdrawal form
The new employer will create a new pf withdrawal online account for you when you join another company under the same UAN. You can then request EPFO to merge the previous pf withdrawal online account with the new one.In case you do not join a new employer, an additional grace period of three years will be provided for you from your last contribution to withdraw your pf withdrawal online balance in full. If you fail to do so, your pf withdrawal online account will be declared inactive. You may have to go through complex procedures to get access to this money.
The nominee of the PF account or the legal heir of the deceased employee can withdraw the PF account balance by submitting Form 20 to the PF office. They can withdraw the EPS or pension amount through Form 10D.
To apply for the EPF withdrawal, make sure that the following conditions are met:
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is activated, and the mobile number used for activating the UAN is in working condition.pf withdrawal online
The UAN is linked with pf withdrawal your KYC, i.e. Aadhaar, PAN, bank details, and the IFSC code.
If the above conditions are met, there is no need for the previous employer to attest to your withdrawal application. online